We’ll teach you how.
All members of the community are invited to join us on Friday evenings beginning June 14 for the free Eat Smart, Move More program sponsored by Penn State Extension.
Classes will teach:
- Food preparation and cooking basics;
- Food safety and thermometer use;
- Nutrition with the new choosemyplate.gov program;
- Prepare and and eat more family meals at home;
- Cooking and nutrition; and,
- Tips on how to be active everyday.
Classes will be held from 5:45 to 7:00 pm on the following dates:
- June 14 – Learn about food safety, germs and proper hand washing.
- June 21 – Learning cooking terms, how to read labels and how to make and easy skillet lasagna.
- June 28 – Learn about what food matter more and how to make an easy fruit salad.
- July 19 – Learn about healthy drinks and how to make a smoothie in a bag.
- June 26 – Learn how to plan ad strach your food dollar and how to make a tuna burger.
- August 19 – Learn about the importance of breakfast and how to make French toast
Participants in the program will receive recipes, a stretchy band for exercising, thermometer, cookbook, resizable grocery bag and certificate upon completion.
To register for the program contact the Chevy Chase Community Center at 724-463-0674.
Image courtesy of debspoons / FreeDigitalPhotos.net